the other a 1/4 inch too small. After measuring and rechecking and trying to find "the" problem area... turns out.. it's just me! My cutting is just slightly off, over and under the mark. My sewing lines wiggle JUST enough to throw it off and when those things combined = 1/4 inch off the mark.
So at this point I'm not sure if I should just cut everything down to fit, or just go with what I've got and hope that the overs and unders combine to make it all work. Cutting it down again scares me - I'm likely to be off again and if I keep cutting it down I just end up with a pile of pillow stuffing. Well here's what I'm going for from the Aug. 2009 American Patchwork and Quilting magazine.
It's for my Cousin's wedding. Their colors are Teal and Chocolate Brown.
I've got less than a month to get it finished, quilted and bound. I'd hoped to have it to the quilter by the end of this week.
Oh, Brooke...I hope you can work it out as your fabrics are very pretty. It is a pretty "busy" pattern from what I can see of your last photo, so maybe it will all come together yet. I'll cross my fingers for you!
ReplyDeleteLove the color combination. I am sure it will be beautiful when finished
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it will all work out. After 4 years of quilting, I just a few months ago, discovered that I should be sewing 1/4" in seams. Yeah, crazy. Then again, I am self taught. I can only blame myself. Love that pattern
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better and are back at the machine. Can't you just cut the one down and then wiggle the one in? I am sure you thought of that...you don't need my non expert opinion.
ReplyDeleteWow, the teal & chocolate colours work really well together. Sorry your eyes are playing up....accuracy plays such a big part in quilting hey? Although I'm more inclined to believe consistency plays a bigger part....so long as all your cutting is consistently out, then it'll all come out in the end....same as seam allowances, whilst it might not be a true 1/4" seam, so long as they're all the same size.....the project should work out.....and remember there's always the distance rule....if you can't see any errors from a distance (say 6feet or more) then they don't count! Hope things improve for you and you don't get so down on yourself hun. Hugs from Australia. Naomi
ReplyDeleteI love the combination of teal and chocolate. It is always so lovely!
ReplyDeleteMicki
this is going to be a really pretty quilt....I am off sometimes too, but I give myself permission to be....the only perfect quilt is made by a machine.....
ReplyDeleteEncouragement from me! I organized our quiltquilds sewing of this exact quilt - it will be in a lottery at our anniversary in November! I was very frustrated at all the different ways you can measure and cut - but luckily I wasn't sewing the pieces together. We were 8 cutting and 4 sewing - lol - but the quilt is beautiful - here is a picture: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6I3nKZ4HEpQ/TIjt-DB9C1I/AAAAAAAADXg/YWNtHxYtfN4/s1600/NBQL+-+bl%C3%A5-beige+teppe+til+utlodning.jpg
ReplyDeleteGood luck!