Well I worked on stitching the ditch of my small applique quilt. I started out attempting to use my brand spanking new stitch the ditch walking foot. Now I was told that this little contraption would just make it SO EASY to do that guide was to keep me right in the seam and it would just zoom.... yeah, not so much. Maybe the foot is the wong one for my machine? It felt like it was pressing to hard into the quilt and would rip the fabric. The feeddogs wouldn't advance the fabric. I got about 4 inches in and cut the thread and changed to my walking foot. My lines are wiggly and only about a 1/4th actually makes it into the ditch - I don't have the hang of this technique yet or I move around too much or the fabric is too heavy - I've got lots of excuses. So finished and decided I'd really like to stitch around those hearts and make them POP. Leah at Day Style Designs always makes it look like drawing with a marker. So on goes the darning foot and my kid size gloves with peace signs that I use as quilting gloves and I make a royal mess of the thing. Stitches are so tight and small I'm not able to get the seam ripper in there. Mr. Greg who'd no idea what I was doing turned around, saw the mess and says "Oooh, I'd have not gone around the hearts." Nah, really? Just help me fix it!
I a sorry, I know that that is so frustrating....
ReplyDeleteI know those small stitches and I have trashed a few quilts rather than face having to remove them and put wholes in a few quilts trying to remove them! As for Leah, she is just gifted, I think!
ReplyDelete