Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Good News!

Hello all!

I recieved an email the other day telling me that I was a WINNER in the FALL into FALL giveaway over at GreyCat - The double wedding ring little quilt. Woo-hoo!! She's also going to be having a double wedding ring quilt along starting after the first of the year. I'm very excited about this.

I've had a touch of pnemonia lately - that cold that was just annoying the heck out of me, turned out to be a little more than I thought. I've almost completed round one of antibiotics and will likely do round two as well. It's got some side effect doozies but I'm managing. I've not sewn lately - not done much of anything. I've been getting after myself - Chrismas is about 8 weeks away! I don't have a plan for family gifts - although I'm toying with the idea of gift baskets of those needed every day items like cleaning supplies and food staples. I'm worried that screams cheap but my brother is in college and my parents just don't need anymore nick-knacks. Greg is not being any help on planning for gifts for his family. I think he's still a little upset with me. I was not well enough to go to the Kansas City Quilt Expo last friday. We'd both taken the day off and I spent the day in bed. He fully understood that I was ill and couldn't help it but his disappointment was palpable. So we finally broke down and upgraded our cell phones and added the data plan. New electronics - kind of an anniversary, I'm sorry and Birthday all rolled into one. They arrived today and he's pecking away on his phone trying to connect to the internet while sitting directly in front of his computer. He just yelled "booya" - I'm assuming that's good? I swear the man will not be totally happy until he is able to have a chip implanted in his head that allows him to be the computer so he's never offline.

More good news: I got an email yesterday that the Local programs that have hosted the Christmas help program have decided to go ahead this year - that is such a relief. I'll still be hosting my annual holiday BINGO for my clients though.

4 comments:

  1. I do hope you can feel totally better soon. Congratulations on your nice win in the Fall Giveaway event! I love baskets with useful items....so I don't think you should feel badly about doing that. Thrift shops often have great baskets or containers to use so that keeps cost down, too, but...they are nice and useful after the ocntents of the baskets are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better soon Brooke! Men and their gadgets, I tell yah!! LOL Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that the antibiotics are working! The gift baskets sound like a wonderful idea for Christmas gifts and don't sound cheap. I'll tell you what is cheap - a gift we received of those small hotel shampoos, lotions, soaps, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Checking in a little late, I do hope you are gettin' better and better! That pnemonia stuff can really knock you down. Congrats on the little wedding ring quilt, that was beautiful! I had my name in on it, too.

    ReplyDelete