Just my ramblings about my quilting, my husband, my cats and my other importants in life.
Monday, July 19, 2010
The cursed quilts NO MORE
Barb sent me a note that reminded me that I hadn't filled you all in on the rest of my cursed quilts story. We never did ask a 3rd person to quilt them. If you recall Quilter #1 dissappeared. and Quilter #2's sister died unexpectadly. Tragic events to say the least. So I went out to my parents, taking the top quilts with me so Mom could see them in person. We agreed that it was best to not keep pressing the issue and would just get them quilted when it seemed to work out and mail them after mom and Dad's trip. Middle of the next week, I'm told that Quilter #1 has reappeared. It takes a few days but we make contact and she agrees to quilt the quilts again. I sit quietly by, not wanting to make a deadline but knowing if they are finished by wednesday - we can still make it. Nearly had to duct tape my mouth shut! Wednesday evening, we get the call that the quilts are done! I'm overjoyed until I hear Greg say "yeah, I can meet you tommorrow." WHAT! I'm throwing things in his general direction. "Are you NUTS?" I need those now! right NOW! They need to be at my Aunts by like noon the next day so she can take them to my mom and they are all leaving at 8am Friday morning! So we jump in the car, go to the bank and go get these quilts. I'd premade the binding when they went to the quilter (thank god) and spent the next 4 hours sewing on binding. And no, I didn't take the time to do it by hand. The next day Greg dropped me at work and drove nearly 150 miles round trip to meet my Aunt. But the quilts, as far as I know, were delivered this weekend. I'm hoping she took pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So where are the finished pictures? Glad everything worked out in the end....lots of drama....but it worked out.
ReplyDeletehurray!
ReplyDelete