Thank you for all the encouragement on my last post ... I actually stuck it out and got it done! I still think there would have been an easier way to do it but it's done!
I was so overcome with relief that I actually started to tackle the mess I made with my cats... 5 are now completed and on their base block ready for stitching!!!
I'd have kept going to finish the 16 cats but I ran out of the lite weight heat N bond. I have a bunch of the heavy stuff but it gunks on my needle when I try to sew it.
MEET THE GIRLS - the inspiration
MOBI, age 7, prefers solitude and snuggling Mom's hair
Nicknamed: "the Queen"
MACKIE; age 7 (2 wks younger)
The Princess - is GREG's CAT w/o question
Nicknamed: "bug-bug" as she catches and tracks them
Bobb-O
The youngest, age 1.5, born in our closet by a neighbor's cat and the only one of the litter we couldn't adopt out. Discovered She was not a HE after a visit to the vet for neutering.
Nicknamed: "Stop-it" "NO" "ARGGGGGG" and "general pain in the ass"
But She's proven to be very entertaining!
I'm thinking of embroidering each block with a cats name that has been a part of my life. I might have to limit that to mine and Greg's life as there have been a multitude... I'll introduce the current boys and their blocks when they are finished.
Nice block. And to think I was going to sell you mine!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the cat blocks and do NOT use heavy heat & bond for applique. It does gunk the needle but it also makes your quilted piece VERY stiff.....lite is the way to go. I'm glad you persisted on your block, too...and it turned out very nice!
ReplyDeleteYour cat blocks are so sweet. Good for you for sticking it out and getting that block finished. I made the mistake of using that heavy heat & bond when I first started quilting. I had to clean off the needle every few stitches, Ugh. I persevered and finished the top.
ReplyDelete