Sunday, November 15, 2009

FINISHES!

I've had 3 quilts come back from the quilters - one more will be done next week. She's just been amazing and even better fast and cheap! She is a yet undiscovered resource who agreed to take on our quilts as "practice" after Greg spent weeks smoozing and finally wore her down. I am utterly grateful for her as I'd never have been able to get these gifts done by Christmas otherwise.

So Dad's is DONE (Tom's Car Show)
Mom's is DONE (Generations)
Brother's S/O's is needing the binding sewn on (i'm working on it)
Aunt's is the one expected back
and I finally decided to buck up and do the origional patter I'd seen for my brother. The one that I thought would be too hard and had too many fabrics... well We've talked about making a trip over to our nearest ALCO store (about 1 hr 15 min) away to pick up some fabric for it tomorrow. I might actually get all these kicked out and back before December! I'd actually have some time to make ornaments - how cool would that be?

3 comments:

  1. WOW.....very impressive. Will you remember to show us the finished quilts after you've given them to the recipients??? It's great to find someone who does good work and is reasonably priced, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so ambitious to get all those quilts finished in one year. Congratulations..

    ReplyDelete