We've been getting great relationship messages - it means a lot that so many of you have taken the time to participate in our anniversary giveaway. Please, please feel free to pass on word to whoever might enjoy this. I don't want to make anyone join-up if they don't find the posts interesting or are already following so many they haven't seen daylight or pee'd in a couple of days - BUT I'm hoping to do a PIF soon and as most of those who follow me - followed Greg first and have done the PIF thing already -- I could use some people who aren't already PIF'ed out. And I'll admit - we have a little healthy *cough* to-the-death*cough* competitiveness between us. eh, as long as it's light hearted right? I think we only fished 2 times last year as the previous 4 years I'd caught more fish than him. We had to add a # caught plus weight/length thing. I have an ultralight pole and can feel those iddy-bidder fishers take the bite. But he hauls in the ones that snap my rod in half! I always thought we needed a most unusual catch - he's reeled in a tackle box - with tackle still in it and a full catfish pole with reel. Not at the same location either! He's yet to get his "Lucky Bastard" tattoo - but he keeps talking about it.
Well today we went downtown for the annual Oktoberfest held by the Junior Guild. I'll admit it - I was there solely to scope out what items I'd like to have at my own craft booths next year - i.e. what can I do that would be original, better or cheaper? I know I'll hate people just like me when I finally get around to having a booth. I've got 3 friends ready to jump in with me - all who do completely different crafting so it could be interesting. There was one item that really caught my attention - I'm not going to make them as it really was their "one of a kind" deal. They had cut foam bricks and covered them with team fabrics and called them "bad call bricks" so you can throw them at the TV or whatever. I asked if they had any to throw at husbands.... well sometimes he just completely tunes me out. I threw the remote once and he got a black eye when he turned to see what I had just pitched. Had he not turned it would have just sailed behind him as I intended. I'm thinking that have a little pile of PAY ATTENTION to ME bricks wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course there's always the solution of just not throwing things.... I'm working on it.
Took a trip to the grocery store after the stroll downtown through the booths and have spent the past 8 hours processing and baking food for the next few weeks. I combined 2 squash soup recipes and the result is fantastic with butternut squash, apple and sausage!! got several mini-apple pies (baked in muffin tins). Almost Grandma's potato soup with cabbage and carrots and another batch of cabbage roll bake that Greg liked so much from the last time I made it. The little freezer is nearly full. French Bread was on sale and I thought some "crusty bread" would go GREAT with all the soups I've made up. My experiments have gone much better now that we have the slow cooker - I created some REALLY funny tasting stuff early on in our co-habitation and he was a little, um, spoon-shy, for a while. It's funny how you remember stuff by color or size and that makes it really difficult to cook like Grandma when they change the packaging or in Greg's case chili powder and cinnamon look a lot alike. Had to throw out a whole batch of stew once with that mistake. hell what do I know - maybe his mom really did make it that way?
Well today we went downtown for the annual Oktoberfest held by the Junior Guild. I'll admit it - I was there solely to scope out what items I'd like to have at my own craft booths next year - i.e. what can I do that would be original, better or cheaper? I know I'll hate people just like me when I finally get around to having a booth. I've got 3 friends ready to jump in with me - all who do completely different crafting so it could be interesting. There was one item that really caught my attention - I'm not going to make them as it really was their "one of a kind" deal. They had cut foam bricks and covered them with team fabrics and called them "bad call bricks" so you can throw them at the TV or whatever. I asked if they had any to throw at husbands.... well sometimes he just completely tunes me out. I threw the remote once and he got a black eye when he turned to see what I had just pitched. Had he not turned it would have just sailed behind him as I intended. I'm thinking that have a little pile of PAY ATTENTION to ME bricks wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course there's always the solution of just not throwing things.... I'm working on it.
Took a trip to the grocery store after the stroll downtown through the booths and have spent the past 8 hours processing and baking food for the next few weeks. I combined 2 squash soup recipes and the result is fantastic with butternut squash, apple and sausage!! got several mini-apple pies (baked in muffin tins). Almost Grandma's potato soup with cabbage and carrots and another batch of cabbage roll bake that Greg liked so much from the last time I made it. The little freezer is nearly full. French Bread was on sale and I thought some "crusty bread" would go GREAT with all the soups I've made up. My experiments have gone much better now that we have the slow cooker - I created some REALLY funny tasting stuff early on in our co-habitation and he was a little, um, spoon-shy, for a while. It's funny how you remember stuff by color or size and that makes it really difficult to cook like Grandma when they change the packaging or in Greg's case chili powder and cinnamon look a lot alike. Had to throw out a whole batch of stew once with that mistake. hell what do I know - maybe his mom really did make it that way?
I, too, can recall early cooking mishaps.....and the fact that hubby DID try to eat them!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh about the fishing, from my "chats" with Greg I can totally see him getting out a list and adding the weights of all the fish.
ReplyDeleteMy mom and grandma always cooked that way, we call it dump and stir. It makes it very hard to recreate the stuff they made that you remember. At least he was willing to try.
Where does Greg plan to get this tattoo? That could be another topic for a whole other conversation LOL!!!
I am glad to hear you are getting some good advice. I think its wonderful that you and Greg can have the same hobby and not kill each other tee hee.
You are definitely in my PIF, Brooke :)
ReplyDeleteI love new soup recipes! Especially when they involve squash, YUM!
I love your comment about not peeing in a few days cause you are still trying to reach all your followers. That is going to be me LOL
ReplyDelete